Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hymnation, Dammitt!

Every religion has its cheesy songs, and some even have cool chants... Among the many things Wholists don't have, right up there with impressive meeting places and heavy books to throw at other people, we ain't got no hymns. So I'm on the hunt for some now. Let me know if you've got any suggestions.

I made a CD for my pal recently, a means of trying to get across something I think he needs to consider. It has to do with not assuming you can second-guess the intentions of the Whole... But anyway, I thought I would share the playlist here... Next time, it's back to the general ranting of a frustrated writer/editor, I promise. (And aren't you all pleased?)

1.) “Keep on Driving” by Sara Craig
 This one sets the quest before you...

2.) “Change” by Tracy Chapman
 And this one warns you that it ain’t easy...

3.) “Wonderful Disguise” by Mike Scott
 This one makes a good point...

4.) “Albert Einstein Dreams” by Naked to the World
 And this one should be strangely flattering...

5.) “Bounce” by Art Garfunkel
 He’s got it figured out, pretty much...

6.) “Shine Like It Does” by INXS
 And so did they, way back on their 2nd album...

7.) “It’s a Beautiful Day” by U2
 As cheesy as it seems, it can really work...

8.) “Central Reservation” by Beth Orton
 Took me several listens to get the point of this one...

9.) “Demons” by Fatboy Slim w/Macy Gray
 But this one’s pretty obvious...

10.) “Never an Easy Way” by Morcheeba
 Here’s a warning from a very cool UK band...

11.) “It’s Love” by King’s X
 And a reminder from one of the best 80s prog-rockers...

12.) “Best I Can” by Queensryche
 Sounds so simple when this dude sings it...

13.) “Someday I Suppose” by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
 But they know it ain’t no way easy...

14.) “Float On” by Modest Mouse
 Unless you make it that way, of course...

15.) “Iona Song” by Mike Scott
 But there’s always that nagging feeling...

16.) “We May Never Pass This Way Again” by Seals & Croft
 Let the Bahai boys show you the way...

17.) “What Do You Want Me to Do?” by Mike Scott
 When Mike says “Lord” it ain’t all that specific...

18.) “We’re All in This Together” by Ben Lee
 And here’s my answer, put more succinctly than I could!

No comments: